Who We Are
Our website address is: https://thegourmanticgarden.com.
Collecting Personal Information
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
If you use the contact form on the Site, it captures name, email address, subject and message. This information is retained but we do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Statcounter is an online service which helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc. We use Statcounter because better understanding how visitors are interacting with our website helps us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse same here:
We use Amazon Affiliate Program, and as such, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. You can view their Associates Program Operating Agreement here.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this information to show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes such as estimating taxes and shipping where applicable
- Billing address: we’ll use this information to enable us to estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order where applicable
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on Our team has Access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders and support you.
What We Share with Others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
Last updated 26 June 2023